Vacancy: Care Manager (Domiciliary Care) £28K
Advertisement and Job Description for
Care Manager (Domiciliary Care)
Salary: £28,000 per annum (pro rata)
Hours: Full time -OR- 17.5 – 25 hours a week by negotiation, potentially rising to full time in 6-12 months
Location: Shadwell, London (E1)
Deadline for application: Monday 20th August – Please note applications will be reviewed and interviews held as they are received and the closing date may be brought forward as we are keen to fill this role. We recommend that you apply in good time if you are interested.
Three Sisters Care Ltd is a new domiciliary care agency serving Tower Hamlets, Newham and Hackney., founded by award-winning social entrepreneur Jobeda Ali. We are seeking an ambitious Care Manager to join our growing team and become our Registered Manager for CQC purposes.
You’ll be responsible for the efficient running of the business, which involves:
- Managing the day-to-day running of the office and the admin team
- Supervising up to 40 care workers
- Dealing with customers and their families to produce and deliver Care Plans
- Developing and monitoring Quality Standards ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- As you will be our Registered Manager, an NVQ Level 4 in Care or a related subject is essential. Registered Manager Award (RMA) is desirable.
Employment Benefits: We are a social enterprise committed to developing our staff’s career prospects and offering the best work-life balance. This includes investing in your further formal education. We are planning to turn the business into a co-operative, so all employees will eventually share profits. Our work-life balance policy includes flexible hours and the ability to work from home. We also operate a bring-your-child-into-the-office days on two days of the week to help reduce child-care cost for our office-based employees.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) stating how you meet the Person Specification to Jobeda Ali at jobeda(AT)threesisterscare.co.uk by 20th August 2012. Interviews will be held at mutually convenient times as and when applications come in.
Your duties include:
- Day to day management of care packages
- Effective management of staff
- Managing relationships with clients, local authority and service users
- Ensuring CQC rules and regulations are achieved
- Processing applications whilst conducting needs and risk assessments
- Processing Care Plans and Support Plans
- Visiting service users in their homes
- Ensuring that high standards are upheld at all times
- Dealing with the day-to-day expenditure within an authorised budget and preparing invoices and information for payroll
- Reporting to the CEO and accountable to the directors of the business
- Preparing Management Reports for the directors of the business
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Ensuring that high standards are up held at all times
- The opportunity to work with the CEO to develop new services
- Participating in the growth and development of the business, locally and regionally through various marketing exercises
- NVQ Level 4 in Care or a related subject is essential
- Previous experience of at least 4 years as a Care Manager or Deputy Care Manager in the Care Industry, preferably within the domiciliary care sector
- Knowledge of ‘Protection of Vulnerable Adults’ legislation along with knowledge of legislation, regulations and standards associated with mental health, domiciliary care and supporting people, especially an in-depth knowledge of CQC ‘Essential Standards’
- Experience of managing a team delivering person centred services
- Excellent people management skills and ability to lead effectively by example
- Proficient user of Microsoft office suite, especially Word, Excel and specialised care sector management software
- Personal qualities we are looking for: proactive, organised, versatile, able to work as part of a team, enthusiastic about the Care Sector and has a positive and friendly personality
- Digitally literate and open to learning about social network marketing, managing websites etc
- Registered Manager Award (RMA)
- Experience of both monitoring and evaluation in health, social care or community sector
- Driver with own car
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) stating how you meet the Person Specification to Jobeda Ali at jobeda(AT)threesisterscare.co.uk by 20th August 2012. Interviews will be held at mutually convenient times as and when applications are received. We recommend that you apply in good time if you are interested.